You know how it is. Your business is relatively new or just getting off the ground, and there are a thousand things that need doing.
Unfortunately, the little stuff somehow tends to overshadow important aspects of your business that are essential in ensuring its initial and on-going success.
One of the main things you’ll need to think about sooner rather than later is how to market your product or service.
Now, unless you've got tons of money, hiring an advertising agency is an expense that a lot of businesses, especially small businesses, can’t justify in their early stages.
However, not being able to afford an advertising agency doesn’t mean you can’t access creative individuals who have worked in agencies and are now freelance.
In fact, there is a wealth of freelancers out there — many of them award-winning — you can access to help promote your business.
And not just copywriters. Brilliant talent abounds in art directors, designers, web builders, social media specialists, photographers, illustrators, videographers, marketers and much more.
But from an advertising and marketing perspective, a copywriter is an inspired choice to ensure your business gets off to a good start.
Here’s just a sample of how you can benefit from using a freelance copywriter.
- We can help you to establish a voice for your brand.
- We can provide a consistent tone across all your communications channels.
- We (well most of us) are experienced in writing material for all types of media— broadcast, print, outdoor, transport, digital, online, ambient, experiential and social.
- We have the contacts you need for producing any of the above.
- If you have a website, we can keep it up-to-date and keep it relevant by creating fresh content.
- We can help with CRM programs by creating direct mail, eDMs, email alerts, SMS and social media updates.
- We understand how to write for different markets like consumer, trade and B2B.
- We also know how to write to a particular target audience.
- Most of us are pretty good wordsmiths and can proofread and edit new business documents or proposals.
- Sometimes what you perceive is important to your customers, may not be important at all. In fact, they may be more concerned with another aspect of your business to which you pay very little attention. A copywriter is an excellent option for having a pair of unbiased eyes and providing a fresh perspective on your business.
- We are obsessed with tone, copy structure, readability, grammar and spelling. We like nothing more than crafting what we write. If you’re not as disciplined as we are, it might pay to bring in a copywriter.
Let’s face it, any form of communication riddled with spelling and grammatical errors is doing you and your business no favours whatsoever.
So here’s the most important take out of all this.
By using a copywriter to create effective, well-written and creative marketing and communication material, it gives you one less thing to worry about. Significantly, it allows you to concentrate on doing what you do best — running your business.